Peptides are a popular ingredient among skincare brands due to their healthy aging properties. Peptides are present in every human cell and they work as messengers to communicate specific functions such as stimulating the skin to produce collagen and elastin. Collagen is the foundation that supports your skin and gives it that firm feeling, while elastin allows our skin to bounce back. As we age, we slowly lose collagen and these messengers (peptides) start to slow down. By applying peptides topically we are essentially tricking the skin into thinking collagen was lost and signals it to make more.
Peptides are more effective in products like serums, eye creams, and moisturizers that sit on your skin for long periods of time verses a cleanser that will be washed off. As much as we would love a quick fix or a miracle overnight, consistency is key and keeping up on your skincare regimen is a big part in supporting your healthy aging journey.
Where can I find peptides within Sorella?
- Main Squeeze Hydrating Serum contains the popular peptide Matrixyl which is known for its instant plumping effect. Not only does it stimulate collagen and elastin, but it works to support the skin’s natural ability to hydrate itself.
- Lemon Lightening Serum and Blueberry Milk Moisturizer both contain peptides that lighten and brighten the skin.
- The Balm contains Argireline and additional peptides that work on decreasing wrinkles.
- Yogurt Kale Eye Concentrate & Aloe Cucumber Eye Gel are packed with peptides to smooth the eye area, brighten the eyes as well as decrease puffiness.
- Avocado Oil Lip Hydrator (original & tinted) contain peptides that actively firm and plump the delicate lip area